One Bite Salad Appetizers – Caprese
- Fresh Mozzarella in 1/2 inch cubes, or Fresh Mozzarella pearls
- Cherry Tomatoes halved if big, whole if small
- Fresh Basil Leaves
Marinade for Fresh Mozzarella Cheese:
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Add the cubed fresh mozzarella, or mozzarella pearls to the marinade and let sit at room temperature for about an hour, or for 2 or more hours in the refrigerator.
- Thread the toothpick. Start with a basil leaf, a cherry tomato, a piece of the marinated fresh mozzarella, and another cherry tomato. Trim a little flat surface on the last cherry tomato before threading it on the toothpick if you would like your appetizers to stand up on the plate.
Eileen Usovicz, September 2015
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!