One Bite Salad Appetizers – Greek Salad
Image shown with tomatoes
- Feta Cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- English Cucumber unpeeled, cut in ½ slices, then each slice quartered into triangles
- Pitted Olives large, green or black, cut in half
- Mint Leaves
Marinade for Feta Cheese:
- 3 tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Add the cubed feta cheese to the marinade and let it sit at room temperature for about and hour, or for 2 or more hours in the refrigerator.
- Thread the toothpick. Start with a mint leaf, a triangle of English cucumber, half an olive, and finally, a marinated feta cube. Do not press too firmly into, or all the way through, the feta cube, as you do not want to cause it to crumble. Think of it as pressing a pin into a corkboard, just enough to hold the toothpick to the feta. The feta block will be the base upon which the toothpick stands up on the plate.
Adapted from, and inspired by, Ellie Krieger, The Food You Crave Adaptation by Eileen Usovicz September, 2015
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!