Toasted Oat Granola
- 1/3 cup Agave Syrup
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 4 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 5 cups Rolled Oats not quick cook
- 2 cups Raw Almonds coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place parchment paper in a jelly roll pan or rimmed cookie sheet.
- Whisk agave syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut oil. Fold in oats and almonds. With a wooden spatula, mix until all dry ingredients are well-coated with sugar mixture.
- Transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet and press into an even layer, reaching all edges and corners. Using a stiff metal spatula, press firmly until very compact and even, taking care to avoid thin areas (these will brown darker when baked).
- Bake about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn the pan and bake for another 15 minutes or so.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool for about an hour. Once cooled, pull up on parchment paper to crumble granola around the edges. Break remainder of granola into desired size clumps.
- Place in air tight container and store for up to two weeks.
Calories: 778kcalCarbohydrates: 77gProtein: 19gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 202mgPotassium: 596mgFiber: 12gSugar: 23gCalcium: 171mgIron: 4.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!