Chocolate Hazelnut Blondies
- 1 stick butter unsalted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup light brown packed
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg + 1 large yolk room temp
- 1 cup + 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar roughly chopped
- flakey sea salt optional garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease an 8x8” square baking pan and line with two strips of opposing, overlapping pieces of parchment paper. Be sure to leave a little overhang as this helps during the removal process.
- Begin by browning the butter
- Put the stick of butter in a skillet set over medium heat. As the butter begins to melt, swirl the pan around to help the butter cook evenly.
- Allow the butter to cook until it begins to smell nutty, and takes on a lovely brown color
- Immediately transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to another small bowl and whisk to combine.
- To a medium bowl add the warm browned butter and both sugars and whisk to combine. The mixture will look like wet sand.
- To the same medium bowl add the egg, yolk, and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Add in chopped hazelnuts and chocolate, folding just a few more times until just mixed in.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan
- Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle the blondies with a bit of flakey sea salt.
- Allow the blondies to cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Calories: 352kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 4gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 302mgPotassium: 194mgFiber: 2gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 348IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!