Dark Chocolate, Merlot & Tart Cherry Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 stick Butter softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Wine such as Merlot
- 8 oz Dark Chocolate broken into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups Dried Tart Cherries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Cream together butter, granulated and brown sugars until fluffy.
- Gently add in egg, vanilla and wine.
- Slowly in batches add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate and cherries.
- On a non-stick cookie sheet, place a heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until tops are still soft looking but edges look firm.
Makes about 2 ½ dozen cookies
Calories: 138kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 2gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 126mgPotassium: 102mgFiber: 2gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 225IUCalcium: 20mgIron: 1.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!