My Mom's Molasses Cookies
- ¾ C shortening
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ C molasses
- 2 ¼ C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Saigon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, egg, and molasses together until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, blend all dry ingredients and stir into sugar and egg mixture.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Form chilled dough into balls about the size of golf balls (#60 cookie scoop). Dip tops in sugar and place on a greased baking sheet with the sugar side up. With fingertip, drip one or two drops of water on each sugar top.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to cool on a wire rack.
These were a family favorite when I was a child and still are today.
PRODUCTS USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Calories: 147kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 1gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 122mgPotassium: 79mgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 10IUCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!