Potato Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 ¼-4 ¾ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 pkg Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Mashed Potatoes
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs beaten
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Butter softened
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast; set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the milk and 1/3 cup butter and microwave until the butter melts.
- To a stand mixer bowl with a paddle, add the milk mixture, potatoes, sugar, and salt.
- Mix briefly to combine.
- Add the eggs and mix again to combine.
- Switch to a dough hook, and add the flour and yeast mixture; mix briefly.
- Add the remaining flour and mix on low until all is blended.
- Switch to a medium speed and mix for about 5 minutes, dough should be moderately soft with a smooth and elastic body.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a bowl; set aside.
- Shape the dough into a bowl and place in the grease bowl making sure the top of the dough ball is grease too.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 45-60 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn dough out and form into a rough rectangle.
- Cover again and let dough rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Roll dough into an 12-18-inch rectangle. Spread the ¼ cup softened butter over the dough.
- Leave a 1-inch border along one of the long sides, sprinkle filling evenly over butter.
- Lightly moisten the bare border with milk or water to help the roll stick together.
- Starting from the long side with the filling, roll-up the rectangle into a spiral.
- With the seam at the bottom, cut the spiral into 12 equal pieces.
- Arrange the pieces cut side down, and seam sides touching in the greased baking pan.
- Cover lightly with a clean kitchen towel and place in your UNHEATED oven.
- Place a bowl of warm water on the rack below the cinnamon roll pan.
- Let rise until nearly doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- REMOVE PAN FROM OVEN
- Set oven to 375°F.
- Uncover cinnamon rolls, and set aside while the oven comes to temp.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, golden brown and done in the center. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle or drown (your choice) your cinnamon rolls with icing
Adapted from: here
Calories: 341kcalCarbohydrates: 54gProtein: 7gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 301mgPotassium: 157mgFiber: 2gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 348IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 52mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!