- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 onion medium, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless Top Loin Steak about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cup Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cup egg noodles dry
Directions for Stroganoff:
- Melt butter in a 4 quart sauce pan.
- Stir in mushrooms, onion and garlic and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt.
- Saute mushroom, onion and garlic mixture until tender.
- Cut beef into large bite-sized pieces (for ease in cutting, partially freeze beef)
- Add beef to sauce pan and brown over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup of broth with 3 Tbl of flour then gradually add to pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat
- Stir in sour cream right before serving; heat until hot.
Directions for Noodles:
- Boil 4 to 6 quarts of water in a sauce pan.
- Add the 1 1/2 Cups of dry egg noodles and return the water to a boil for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir the egg noodles occasionally during cooking.
- Taste the egg noodles to determine if it is done.
- Drain Egg Noodles immediately and set aside in the pan or in serving bowl.
- Place egg noodles on individual plate or serving platter and ladle beef stroganoff mixture over the egg noodle. Garnish with parsley.
Adapted from Betty Crocker Classic Cookbook for use in the Culinary Studio @ Function Junction.
Calories: 323kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 29gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 559mgPotassium: 669mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 355IUVitamin C: 2.6mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 2.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!