Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
- 2 Bay Leaves whole
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Oregano Leaves dried
- 1 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3/4 tsp Thyme dried
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter unsalted
- 2/3 cup Tasso or Cure 81 ham chopped
- 1 cup Andouille or Polish Sausage chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Onions chopped
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 3/4 cup Green Bell Peppers chopped
- 1 cup Chicken chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- 14 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 14 oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 cup Rice uncooked
- Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped Tasso and chopped andouille and sauté until crisp, about 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers; sauté until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes stirring occasionally and scraping pan bottom well.
- Stir in the chopped chicken.
- Raise heat to high and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the seasoning mix and minced garlic; cook about 3 minutes, stirring constantly and scraping pan bottom as needed
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato sauce; cook 7 minutes, stirring fairly often.
- Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the uncooked rice; stir well and remove from heat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Cover 8x8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and bake at 350 until rice is tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and serve immediately.
Calories: 686kcalCarbohydrates: 96gProtein: 26gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 2179mgPotassium: 1118mgFiber: 6gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 1120IUVitamin C: 45.4mgCalcium: 109mgIron: 4.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!