- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini spiralized
- 1 carrot spiralized
- 1 lb linguini pasta
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup pasta water
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan & Romano cheese
- 1 tbsp Salt plus a pinch
- Chopped flat parsley and basil for garnish
- In a large pot of water add 1 tbs. salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain but do not rinse.
- Smash garlic and add pinch salt to release oils. Finely dice the shallot.
- Spiralize zucchini & carrot using the thin blade to create strands of vegetables similar in size to the pasta.
- In large skillet, over low heat, sauté garlic and shallot in olive oil about 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium, add carrot on top of onion and garlic, mix and cook for 2 minutes, add zucchini, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add red pepper if desired.
- Add pasta to the vegetable mixture, add butter and stir. Add pasta water to create a sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes to allow sauce to absorb into the mixture. Add more pasta water for more sauce as desired.
- Serve Pasta Primavera and finish with cheese. Garnish with chopped basil and parsley.
Recipe by Mary C. Merola
La Cucina de Merola
Amount Per Serving
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g31%
Vitamin A 2002IU40%
Vitamin C 7mg8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.