Potato and Basil Frittata
- 1 stick unsalted butter divided
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and diced
- 8 eggs extra-large
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3/4 pound Gruyere cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch ovenproof omelet or shallow frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the potatoes and fry them until cooked through, turning often, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter in a small dish in the microwave.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, then stir in the ricotta, Gruyere, melted butter, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and stir into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and place the pan in the center of the oven.
- Bake the frittata until it is browned and puffed, 50 minutes to 1 hour. It will be rounded and firm in the middle and a knife inserted in the frittata should come out clean.
- Serve hot.
Recipe modified from Food Network and Ina Garten
Calories: 483kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 26gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 267mgSodium: 402mgPotassium: 427mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 1350IUVitamin C: 6.4mgCalcium: 608mgIron: 3.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!