White Pesto Pasta
- ½ Cup Walnuts
- Kosher salt
- 4 oz Fresh Ricotta
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 Garlic Clove finely grated
- 2 tsp Oregano finely chopped
- 2 oz. Parmesan finely grated, about 1½ cups, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- black pepper Freshly ground
- 1 lb. Tube- or Rod-shaped Pasta such as rigatoni or spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden brown, 6–8 minutes.
- Let cool, then finely chop.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- Vigorously mix walnuts, ricotta, lemon zest, garlic, oregano, and parmesan in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add olive oil 1 Tbsp. or so at a time, stirring well after each addition, until all the oil is incorporated.
- Season pesto with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
- Scoop 1 cup pasta cooking liquid into bowl with pesto and stir gently to combine (it’s okay if some of the pesto is still in small clumps).
- Using a spider, tongs, or slotted spoon, transfer pasta directly to bowl with pesto.
- Mix energetically until pesto thickens enough to lightly coat pasta, about 2 minutes; the pasta should have sauce clinging to it but there should also be some extra sauce that collects in bottom of bowl.
- Divide pasta among bowls and serve with more Parmesan alongside for sprinkling over.
From Bon Appetit https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/white-pesto-pasta
Calories: 752kcalCarbohydrates: 91gProtein: 26gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 259mgPotassium: 410mgFiber: 6gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 254IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 288mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!