- 8 oz Arugula prewashed and dried
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ lemon fresh squeezed juice
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper fresh ground
- 1 navel orange
- 1 red onion small
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
- Using a large wood or glass bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon, salt, sugar, and pepper. Whisk ingredients to blend thoroughly to create the dressing and set aside.
- With a sharp paring knife, peel the orange removing the skin and pith and set aside. Place the knife between the orange segments and the membrane to remove each segment carefully. Place orange segments in a small bowl. Then squeeze the orange juice from the skin, pith and membrane and add that juice to the dressing. Whisk to incorporate the dressing.
- Using a mandolin slicer or sharp knife, cut 8-10 thin slices of red onion, and cut in half to create roughly 1-inch pieces. Add arugula and red onion to the dressing and toss gently to coat all the greens completely.
- Plate the greens. Top each plate with orange segments, walnuts, and blue cheese crumbles.
Calories: 136kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 3gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 238mgPotassium: 246mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 976IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 95mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!