5 Spice Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 1 lb dates about 24 dates
- 1 lb thick-cut bacon about 12 pieces
- 1 tbsp soy sauce lower sodium
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, pit the dates. Cut each slice of bacon in half cross-wise and wrap around a date. Place bacon wrapped dates on a baking sheet
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce & five-spice powder. Brush the soy sauce mixture over the bacon-wrapped dates. Evenly sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake until sugar is melted and bacon is brown and shiny, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and flip each piece. Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes more.
- Remove from oven. Let cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, then loosen from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Continue to cool for another 5 minutes before serving; bacon will crisp as it cools.
Calories: 282kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 5gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 336mgPotassium: 332mgFiber: 3gSugar: 28gVitamin A: 25IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 0.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!