Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 navel orange
- Rinse cranberries and remove any soft or spoiled berries.
- Place berries in a non-stick 2 qt saucepan.
- Cut orange into slices and remove center core. Then chop into half inch pieces including peel.
- Add water, sugar, cinnamon stick, and orange pieces to saucepan with cranberries
- Bring entire mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. The berries will begin to pop, and the sauce will thicken.
- Remove from stove and allow to cool for one hour.
- Transfer Cranberry sauce to a covered container and refrigerate. It is best to make Cranberry sauce 2-6 days before serving to allow the flavors to meld. Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.
Recipe by Mary C. Merola
PRODUCTS USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Bash & Chop$9.97
Sauce & Gravy Whisk$14.97
Chef Gloves, Set of 2, Large$39.97
Calories: 84kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 2mgPotassium: 43mgFiber: 2gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 46IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!