Mary’s Marvelous Mushrooms
- 2 lb baby Bella or white mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 4 shallots diced small
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper fresh coarse
- ¼ tsp nutmeg fresh grated
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Remove ends and slice mushrooms in ¼ inch slices, including stems.
- In a large 11in sauté pan, dry sauté mushrooms for about 5 minutes, add salt and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Remove mushrooms from pan and melt butter. Add shallots and sauté until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Add wine to shallots in pan to deglaze the pan.
- Return mushrooms to pan, add pepper and nutmeg. Slowly add cream and stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 91kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 3gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 182mgPotassium: 560mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 200IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 30mgIron: 0.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!