Spicy Bacon Cheddar Muffins
- 3 pieces Bacon thick cut, cooked and chopped
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 Cups Extra-Sharp Cheddar packed Grated , divided 1 cup and ½ cup
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg large
- Parsley for sprinkling optional
- Cook the bacon; drain grease and set aside. Chop when cooled.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line pans with muffin liners and spray them.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder, cayenne, pepper, and paprika.
- Add in 1 cup cheese then add bacon. Stir until well combined.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and let cool slightly.
- Add milk to melted butter.
- Add egg to milk/butter mixture and beat lightly.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture; fold together until combined.
- Fill muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and parsley.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick comes out clean.
Adapted from this recipe
Calories: 184kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 7gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 286mgPotassium: 161mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 299IUCalcium: 150mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!