- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper chopped
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbsp McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 28 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can Ro-Tel
- 15 oz Kidney Beans drained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef, then drain the grease reserving about 2 tablespoons. Remove the beef from the pan.
- To the reserved fat, add the onions and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and saute about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano; set aside.
- Open the cans of tomatoes and set aside.
- Add the garlic and sauté about 1 minute.
- To the sautéed vegetables add the seasoning mix; be careful not to burn the spices and stir constantly (this blooms the spices)
- After about 1 minute of blooming the spices, add the tomatoes and Ro-tel making sure to scrape any spices from the bottom of the pan and incorporate into the tomatoes
- Return the beef to the pot.
- Add the beans.
- Stir everything to combine.
- Simmer 20 minutes, check seasonings and adjust if necessary.
Adapted from this recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Vitamin A 2398IU48%
Vitamin C 57mg69%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.