Chilled Cucumber Soup
- 2 cucumbers
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- smoked paprika optional
- fresh sprig of mint parsley, thyme, or oregano for garnish
- Wipe cucumbers with wet paper towel to clean. Peel and cut in half, lengthwise. Remove seeds by running a spoon down the center of the cucumber. Discard seeds and attached liquid. Cut cucumber into halves and then quarters and place in blender or bowl of food processor.
- Add garlic and process until pureed.
- Add chicken broth, sour cream, vinegar and salt and pepper. Process to blend.
- Cover and chill for one hour, minimum, prior to serving.
- Garnish with paprika and/or herb sprig.
- May store up to one week refrigerated in sealed container.
Calories: 89kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 2gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 564mgPotassium: 221mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 311IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!